The Welcome Center provides a suite on the lower level overlooking East Lake Okoboji. Located just off the circle parking at the Main Entrance, it is snuggled up on the side of a wooded hill that slopes to the lake. Hiking trails that take you completely around the camp, walking or biking, will give you a good 3 to 4 mile hike. A large campfire ring is located just down the hill on the lake.
The Patio Suite is located in the Welcome Center lower level. Near the Dining Hall and Event Center it provides easy access for meals or relaxing on the lakefront. It is steps away from Shalom House on the Lake and makes family reunions/events conveniently accessible. You won’t miss the campfire and S’mores happening with the family. A walk through the woodland trails takes you to the large swimming pool, the Canteen, bike shed, Barn (where you can rollerskate) or the lake (where you can canoe, paddlboard and SAIL!).
A smart two room suite offering the comfort of :
- a private bedroom with a queen size bed
- low boy dresser
- night stands and lamps, table and chair
- private restroom and shower
- a vanity and mirror are situated in the bedroom
- the living room provides a queen size sofa sleeper,
- end tables and lamps
- a dining area with table and chairs
- a kitchen equipped with a full size refrigerator, stove and oven, cupboards, sink, silverware, dinner ware, pots and pans and kitchen linens.
- heating and air conditioning
- Bed linens and towels available
Please use the Rate Schedule listed in the links to the left.
Guests are responsible for cleaning prior to check-out. Your credit card will be charged if items are missing or damaged. The room must be cleaned and ready for the next guest. Please vacuum, and collect trash and place next to door in plastic bag provided. Place bed linen inside pillow case.
Hours of Operation and Seasons
- The Welcome Center is available for reservation year round (for dates other than summer season, go to regular Welcome Center facility)
- Reservations may be made up to two years in advance
- Reservations must be made 5 days in advance of arrival date
- Check-in time is after 4:00 p.m. at the Welcome Center located at main entrance of Lakeside Camp. Check-out time is 11:00 AM
- Summer season starts Friday before Memorial Day and runs to the Monday after Labor Day.
- Rental is per day.
- Houses may not be used without an advanced reservation and payment of fees
- The general public is requested to respect the privacy of house renters. Please do not disturb guests with requests to observe interior of Welcome Center
- Facility tours must be arranged with office camp staff.
- All Policies of Lakeside Camp are in effect
- Smoking and Pets are prohibited inside the houses
- Furniture must remain inside of the facility
- Clean –up of the house must be completed prior to check-out and be ready for the next guests
Welcome Center Rooms
Room Amenities include: Suite: a private bedroom with one Queen bed with private restroom and shower, low boy dresser, vanity sink with mirror; in the living room a sofa bed for two, dining table and chairs, desk, low boy dresser, fully equipped kitchen with a microwave, full size refrigerator, air conditioning and heating, large sliding glass door with screen with a view of the lake and patio; close access to the Dining Hall .
The GUEST ROOM is located in the lower level also overlooking East Lake Okoboji.
Room amenities include: One twin bed and a lower double bed and a single twin bed on above; private restroom and shower, desk, table and chairs, low boy dresser, microwave and college style frig, air conditioning and heating, large sliding glass door and patio and free WiFi.